We all remember Tyra Banks’s crazy freak-out about Vaseline, right? Well Tyra isn’t the only one who loves this little tub of petroleum jelly.
We’re big fans of Vaseline in the PrettyCompact office and we always have a tub of it in our make-up bags. Here follow our favorite tips of what to do with this all-purpose product.
1. Lip Care. Vaseline can be applied to lips as an effective balm to keep your lips feeling soft and avoid chapping. As well as acting as a balm, Vaseline gives your lips a glossy look and can be easily and regularly applied over lipstick.
2. Make-up remover. A dab of Vaseline on a cotton bud will remove all of your make-up – even liquid eye-liner and waterproof mascara. Vaseline is also great for removing fake-eyelash glue from your eyelids.
3. Take care of hard skin on feet. Rub a generous amount of Vaseline into your feet at night and cover them with a pair of woolly socks. You will wake up to softer feet – every day!
4. Cuticle care. Squeeze a little Vaseline onto your nail’s cuticles, rub it in pushing your cuticles back as you go and you have an instant manicure / pedicure feel.
5. Skin moisturizer. It is a myth that Vaseline clogs your pores – you can use it to moisturize really dry skin areas and also to soothe and smooth skin areas after shaving.
More beauty secrets…
6. Nail polish queen. Rub Vaseline on the neck of your nail polish bottle so the brush won’t get stuck to the caps. Also, rub a small dab of Vaseline over week-old polish to make your nails look new again.
7. Create a cream blusher. Mix a bit of Vaseline with your favorite lipstick to create a cream blusher for your cheeks.
8. Tame unruly eyebrows. If your eyebrows are out of control, a slick of Vaseline can tame them into shape and, more importantly, make sure that they stay in shape all day.
9. Create new eyeshadows. Mix eye-shadow colors with Vaseline in order to experiment and create a number of new colors that you can wear.
10. DIY Chocolate lip gloss. Melt a small bit of Vaseline and one chocolate chip in the microwave. Then let the mixture resolidify to create a delicious chocolate lip gloss.
Let us know what you think of our make-up tips and tell us your own!